The reason for running the test again was the fact that I was informed during the first test run that the zone that my Oracle Cloud domain was assigned to was temporarily overloaded, which I also noticed since I wasn't able to create new services for some time.
Hence I decided to repeat the tests after it was confirmed that the issue got resolved.
So here is a comparison of the second test run results compared to the first test run - the corresponding results for the dedicated physical host can be found in part three.
Overall consistency second run:
Overall consistency first run:
Again the graph is supposed to show how many of the runs deviated how much from the overall median runtime. The second run shows a much improved overall consistency much closer to that of the dedicated physical host, although a few outliers are more extreme than in the first run,
The same data on per day basis, second run:
Except for the first two days the second run shows a pretty consistent behaviour per day, and it becomes obvious that it's the second day of the second run that is responsible for the extreme outliers and also the significant inconsistency in the area between 8 and 12 percent deviation.
Finally the individual thread performance, second run:
The individual thread performance graph confirms the much improved consistency compared to the first run.